John Prescott has over thirty years of experience representing and advising wealthy clients and over twenty years of experience managing a single-family office. His experience includes the following:
Wealth management and family office operations:
- Architected, developed and operated a family office by assembling and managing a group of professionals delivering expert advice and performance in every discipline of family office services.
- Directed the planning of a liquidity event by incorporating sophisticated business, tax and estate planning techniques to maximize the return.
- Helped select, organize and structure US and foreign-based businesses, real estate and marketable investments.
- Served as Trustee of family and charitable trusts as well as a foundation focused on environmental education through the production of documentary films.
- Supervised personal aircraft and expedition yacht management teams.
- Responsible for providing integrated information technology and technical support for computers, communication, and video systems for related entities worldwide. Dial a 3-digit extension into an internet phone and be connected to anyone in the organization worldwide without expense. Live and recorded TV available anywhere in the world.
- Selected and contracted with security firms to provide protection in high-risk areas of the globe.
- Utilized confidential private investigative services as needed.
- Directed the planning and execution of an incredibly complex and nuanced expatriation program that involved the establishment of new offshore citizenships without being a tax resident of any country. The project included the transfer of businesses and assets on a worldwide scale with the establishment of offshore vehicles to hold title to comply with local laws and regulations. The process also included significant estate, tax, business and investment planning and execution. Significant immigration and visa planning was necessary for ease of worldwide travel, including visits to the US as a non-citizen.
- Supervised home construction
- Responsible for selecting and contracting with a documentary filmmaker including the creation of budgets and timelines for pre-production, production and post-production services. Worked primarily with an Academy Award-winning documentary filmmaker.
- Responsible for managing marine-focused environmental research projects worldwide to foster sustainable development for delicate marine fisheries
- Provided legal services of all types including, but not limited to, litigation support in civil, criminal and tax matters. Directed the estate planning process for both US and non-US citizenship status.
- Directed the successful appeal and litigation of an income tax assessment in excess of $100M.
- Peer reviewed AV rating from Martindale- Hubbell, the highest possible rating from this legal publication. This rating is awarded to lawyers who are considered by their peers to have “very high to preeminent legal ability” and who “embrace very high professional standards”
- Recognized with selection to Massachusetts Super Lawyers in Boston Magazine. This designation is awarded to the top 5% of Massachusetts’ attorneys in their field of practice.